Built in 1913
758 South Broadway
The Morosco Theatre opened on January 6, 1913, bringing full-length dramatic productions to LA’s theatre district. Two of the greatest names in American theatre were involved in building and operating the theatre: Oliver Morosco and the Belasco family. In the Depression, the 1400-seat theatre was renamed The President, then switched from stage productions to movies and newsreels. Then, in 1947 the theatre was renamed the Globe. A brutal conversion to retail space in 1987 ended the theatre’s 74 year run. After a run as the nightclub "Club 740," the house is now being partially restored as a multi-purpose performance venue.